KBIG TOY DRIVE
Help put a smile on every child’s face this Holiday Season with our KBIG Toy Drive! Our KBIG team is asking YOUR help to collect toys for our Big Island kids in need.
We’ll be providing the toys to agencies and organizations that will disperse them to kids island-wide.
We’d like to get toys for infants, toddlers, pre-school, elementary, pre-teens, and teenagers.
Please drop off “upwrapped” toys at one of our
*Kamaaina Motors at 400 East Kawili Street in Hilo
*Bob’s Jewelers on Kamehameha Avenue in downtown Hilo
*Club Rehab on Kopiko Street in Kona and Mamalahoa highway in Kealakekua
*HomeWorld & SlumberWorld on Kinoole Street in Hilo and Maiau Street in Kona
*HPM Building Supply on Kanoelehua Avenue in Hilo, Mamalahoa highway in Kamuela, and Luhia Street in Kona
AND when you drop off a toy, enter to win a staycation at the spectacular Mauna Kea Beach Resort! The winner will be announced on Tuesday, December 18th on KBIG’s “BIG Show”!
Suggestions on age appropriate toys:
- Infant Toys: These are baby toys that approved for INFANT, so rattles, soft toys, even blankets are great.
- Boy & Girls Toddlers: These are items that are approved for 2 year olds. Must NOT SAY 3+ on the box. A great example is soft baby dolls, chunky trucks, soft building blocks, toddler approved learning toys, toys with lights.
- Boy & Girl 3-5 years: Baby dolls, dress up items, play house. Trucks, cars, make believe, or creative play.
- Boy & Girl 6-9 years: Barbie Dolls, Board Games, Trucks, Race Cars, Legos.
- Boy & Girl 10-12 years: Creative Sets, Art sets, Jewelry Design, etc. Active Toys for Boys, Water Guns, Dart Guns, Board Games
- Teens: Girls can do lotion sets, purses filled with basic supplies, jewelry. Boys can do sports balls or equipment.